Our commitment to privacy
Collection of personal information
To provide the highest quality service and advice, Equity&Super is required to obtain certain personal information about you. Equity&Super is subject to certain legislative and regulatory requirements which necessitate us obtaining and holding detailed information which personally identifies you and/or contains information or an opinion about you. Personal information is defined under the Act as information or an opinion that can identify a person. In addition, our ability to provide advice & implement strategies for you is dependent on us obtaining certain personal information. Therefore Equity&Super, its representatives and staff may request personal information from you which will generally comprise, but is not limited to the following:
- Personal details eg. Name, address, contact details (phone, fax, email), Date of Birth
- Employment details and employment history
- Details of your financial needs and objectives
- Financial details including your assets and liabilities, income and expenditure
- Details of your current investments, insurance and superannuation, and bank account details
- Details of personal goals and objectives
- Details of your investment preferences and aversion or tolerance to risk
- Taxation information including tax file number
- Estate planning details including status of wills, beneficiaries and powers of attorney
We do not collect information about anyone’s political or religious beliefs, ethnic background or sexual preference.
Use and Disclosure of personal information
Any personal information about you collected by Equity&Super will be used for the following purposes:
- To provide recommendations suitable to your personal situation and prepare the Statement of Advice
- To give effect to the recommendations made to you
- To provide you with agreed services to assist in meeting your goals and objectives
- Reviewing the recommendations made in relation to various financial products
The organizations we may be required to disclose information include, but are not limited to:
- Any financial institution (including fund managers, share brokers) with whom you will be investing.
- Government departments e.g. Australian Taxation Office.
- Your Professional advisers such as solicitor, accountant and/or medical practitioner
- Your executor or power of attorney
- External mail house for bulk mail outs
- IT contractors working on our systems
We will not use or disclose information collected about you other than for a purpose made known to you unless the disclosure is:
- Required by law (e.g. The Australian Tax Office and the Australian Securities and Investments Commission have the power to order us to disclose information about your situation);
- Authorized by law (e.g. to protect our interests or where we have a duty to the public to disclose) or
- You have consented to our disclosing the information about you.
Equity&Super does not sell, rent or trade you personal information.
Storage and security
Equity&Super recognizes how important the privacy of your personal information is to you and has undertaken to store such information in a secure environment. Your personal information may be stored in both hard copy and electronically. Equity & Super restricts access to your information by maintaining login and password control on our computer systems and has in place secure, lockable filing cabinets to store hard copies of personal information.
Collection of information on our website
Quality of the personal information
Equity&Super is committed to ensuring that the personal information that we hold about you is accurate, complete and up to date and has implemented review service to aid this process. To assist us with this, please contact us if any of the details you have provided have changed, or you become aware any information which needs to be updated.
Access to your information
You may request details of the information we hold about you at any time by contacting the Privacy Officer, please note that access to information is subject to some exemptions allowed by law.
Level 1 298 Coventry Street
South Melbourne VIC 3205
Phone: 03 9645 0870